INdependent LIving support Functions for the Elderly- inLIFE is a 36-month EU-funded project, bringing together leading experts of design and urban integration, transport operation and business, with local and regional authorities and end-users organizations, which represent the economic, demographic and territorial diversity of Europe. IN LIFE aims to prolong and support the independent living of seniors with cognitive impairment, through interoperable, open, personalised and seamless ICT solutions that support:
- home activities,
- health maintenance,
- socialisation tasks,
with novel, scalable and viable business models, based on feedback from large-scale and multi-country pilot applications. This aim encompasses the following key objectives:
- To connect a wide range of adaptable ICT solutions for elderly with cognitive impairment, into a common open reference architecture.
- To instantiate applications, services and business models to different geographical and sociocultural backgrounds, user group types and lifestyles.
- To provide tools and systems for services adaptation and personalization, to meet the needs and wishes of each individual in a dynamic way.
- To provide tools and instructions to the carers of people with cognitive impairments to support communication and functioning in daily life.
- To estimate the return of investment and study the scalability and sensitivity of the different business models and connected services through pilots in 6 sites Europewide. To guarantee the respect of users’ wishes, lifestyle, personal data and personal beliefs.
The main idea is to address the challenge of turning existing research efforts to reality for real people across Europe. Existing flexible ICT solutions could assist elderly users with cognitive impairments in organising, carrying out and completing everyday tasks that have been part of their life since ever and constitute essential factors for continuing to be and feel independent. IN LIFE will offer all-around, personalised, multi-faceted existing ICT solutions and services addressing diverse daily activities (eating, physical activity, commuting, mental stimulation, communication, social interaction, etc.) to users with cognitive impairments and their carers living in their own home or in sheltered homes, as well as to their formal and informal carers. Emphasis is placed on elderly and carer interactions, communications and care scheduling and monitoring. There are 6 pilot sites across Europe that will perform the pilot testing of the services implemented in IN LIFE: Spain, Sweden, Greece, UK, Netherland and Slovenia. Slovenian pilot site will be organized by the Jozef Stefan Institute and Doktor 24.